Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Artifact#3

“Oh, where, tell me where, is your Highland laddie gone?
Oh, where, tell me where, is your Highland laddie gone?
He’s gone with streaming banners were noble deeds are done,
And my sad heart will tremble till he comes safely home;
He’s gone with streaming banners where noble deeds are done,
And my sad heart will tremble, till he comes safely home”
I translated many Gaelic songs in my book Poems on Various Subjects and this is a verse of the song, “Oh, Where, tell me, is your Highland Lassie Gone?”
Moody, Ellen. "Foremother Poet: Anne Grant (nee Macivar) (1755-1853)." Ellen and Jim Have a Blog, Two. N.p., 02 04 2011. Web. 4 Apr. 2012. <http://ellenandjim.wordpress.com/2011/04/02/foremother-poet-anne-grant-nee-macivar-1755-1853/>.

No comments:

Post a Comment